Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Personal Passions

I find life so amazing and wonderful, as Cat Stevens sang,  I "Can't keep it in." My writing comes from a broad range of topics, mostly from recovery programs. Recovery from what? A unloving and critical Higher Power and inner parent, as well as a wounded inner child and false self, yet through recovery we transition to a loving and supportive Higher Power and inner parent, as well as a joyful and happy inner child, which all make up the True Self.

I have a few other "programs" such as the Power of Now of Eckhart Tolle, Buddhism, Non-Violent (compassionate) Communication, music, science, nature, and others. Often a thought, image, or story grabs me, my muse is inspired, and I just have to write it down and share it. This blog gives you access to some of these inspirations. They are somewhat eclectic, so feel free to jump around and find what inspires you.

I'll start with a favorite story of how I met my inner children and young men during a guided imagery workshop called Homecoming.They had been left behind and locked away in my heart many years ago. Along with my youngsters, my joy and sorrow, happiness and sadness, authenticity and enthusiasm were locked away as well. Recovering my infant, five, ten, fifteen, twenty, (and so-on) year old, restored those lost feelings and emotions also. What a gift to have them all with me now!

I have facilitated many work shops over the years, but my favorite was about Happiness. The first part is the story of how we are cheated out of a true understanding and experience of happiness growing up in dysfunctional families and societies you can see here. There is a second part to this that shows the side by side comparison of false self and True Self here. Seeing them side by side helps us to understand happiness is a choice we make every day and moment.

If you enjoyed that one you may also some of the other workshops I have done. These are Prayer and Meditation,  Loving Self Parent, and Eleventh Step Visioning.

Other writing favorites are Invitation to Your Life  Seeds  Castles and Warriors,  A Strong Rope
Who We AreBrokenness,  Soul Circle,  Sacred Geometry and Fibonocci, Learning to be the Light  Love Broke Thru  Pause, Observe, Process, Practice  Relationships Spiritual Warrior  The Big Picture  The Magic Word  The Most Important Thing and just for fun Super Superlatives.

Nature has been one of my greatest comforts since I was very young. When I share about my passion for nature and how peaceful, loving, and healing it is, people often tell me they feel the same way. If you are a nature lover too, you may enjoy some of these videos on the natural wonders  here in Southern California  A Day In Yosemite  June Lake  Palm Springs  Santa Barbara  San Diego  Ventura  Monterey  Big Bear Lake   Sequoia National Park  Sullivan Canyon  Monrovia Canyon  Mammoth Lakes

No comments: