Favorite Teacher - Thich Nhat Hanh

Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay for short) is a Vietnamese Zen Buddhist monk who felt it wasn't right to enjoy a peaceful monastic life while so many people were suffering greatly due to the war. He went out to help others and work for peace and hasn't stopped since. His efforts to end American aggression led Martin Luther King to nominate him for the Nobel Peace Prize. I like him because he is a simple man; so wise, peaceful, and humble. I can't tell you how deeply he touches me, it's more visceral than intellectual. We saw him in Pasadena and I was awestruck. To me, Thay (teacher) is a living Buddha (enlightened one), as we all can be. His book, Peace Is Every Step, I believe is his best and most complete work, an absolute must have, read, and re-read. He also has a nice way of honoring Christianity as evidenced by his books Living Buddha, Living Christ, and Going Home. Jesus And Buddha As Brothers. I made some notes of his favorite practices and from his book Happiness (Essential Meditation Practices) available here. Try Peace Is Every Step or check out one of his many Youtubes, you may be touched deeply as well.