Art and Beauty

A recent song by Need To Breathe seems to express the sentiment here very well;  "Hey now, this is my desire, consume me like a fire, 'cause I just want something beautiful to touch me, I know that I am in reach cause I am down on my knees, I'm waiting for something beautiful."

For many people the easiest way to touch upon the beautiful is also the most natural-through nature. This Michelangelo said well, "My soul can find no staircase to heaven unless it be through earths loveliness," or as Dante Alighieri said; "Nature is the art of God." This is where the story stars at Cowboy Dharma with the first Sanity File : Mother Nature. If you haven't taken a look yet maybe now is a good time.

Art takes as many as there are artists, so covering the full spectrum would be impossible here. Instead we would like to focus on some of the masters, and their masterpieces. The love, passion, and beauty expressed is often soul stirring, touching a place deep within, a place of the divine. Please consider Van GoghRenoir, MichelangeloPicassoRodin, and Monet.   

Another way we often and easily connect with the beautiful is through music.  It is so obvious it is easy to forget that music summons our muse, "a creative source of inspiration." Another song says this well; "Give me the beat boys and free my soul, I want to get lost in the rock and roll, and drift away." Perhaps all of creation is a song, and our days the words and melodies.

If beauty is a thing, perhaps bliss is the emotion. Joseph Campbell said "Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there was only walls," and "To find your own way is to follow your bliss." The point is, what is your beauty, your bliss, where is it, and how can you keep it close to your heart? We are all artists on some level, and the key is to make ourselves and our lives a work of art.